Monday, February 16, 2009

Va-Va-Valentine's Day

This year was a fun Valentiine's Day for Ralph and me because we knew it'd be our last with just the 2 of us. We tried to be as romantic as possible--- okay no we didn't-- we decided to do a deep cleaning of our house together! I started on dusting and then sweeping (our entire house is hardwood) and Ralph started on the kitchen. After about 3 hours of this, there was a knock at the door, and it was the flower delivery man. Here is what he brought:



This was the cutest gift ever from Ralph. The big bouquet was from him, and the card said "I love you very much! Love, your husband Ralph." Then i opened the card on one of the small roses. It said "I love you very much! Love, your son Cameron." Then the third card from that rose said "I love you very much! Love, your first born, Sadie." I started crying! The small roses totally caught me off guard, i had no idea who they were going to be from when I first saw them! Ralph outdid himself again, and i loved it.

Then after all the cleaning was done, we headed off to our dinner reservation. As big as my belly is now, I can't eat very much these days without getting too full, but I did get to enjoy about half of my delicious steak and potatoes! Here we are at dinner at Frankie Rowlands.

After that we came home and played games together (wouldn't YOU like to know what kind of games?!!!) Anyway it was another great Valentine's Day. And we have a clean house.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

the roses story was so adorable! what a wonderful husband you have! and you look so pretty together at dinner.

Merianne said...

That is such a cute idea! I told Dan not to give me anything, but didn't think he'd really take my word for it. He got me NOTHING (I at least thought he'd get me a card). I woke up that morning, made him a nice breakfast, then gave him a bag of his favorite candies. He felt bad he didn't get me anything so he ran to the grocery store and bought me some roses that don't even smell. We're so romantic! :)

You look gorgeous in the picture at dinner.