Friday, December 19, 2008

Mmmmmm.. Peanut Butter Balls!


For those of you that know me well, you know that I really cannot cook or bake (except Chocolate Chip cookies-my specialty!) even though I try. Since I've been married, I have been trying to cook some recipes for dinner here and there and feel like I am getting better at it with the help of my sister in law and Mom.
So last night, I wanted to try one of my favorite desserts-- one my Mom only makes at Christmas time--Peanut Butter Balls! The problem is, this recipe is not really for beginners, or at least moron beginners like myself! Thanks to my wonderful mama being "on call" throughout the night, I was able to semi- pull it off! On a positive side-note, my wonderful husband was very supportive of the whole thing and told me I had the best looking balls he'd ever seen (HUH???) So BEHOLD!!! My batch of Peanut Butter Balls! I know I'll enjoy polishing them off.

5 comments:

JJuracan and family said...

Becky, you have BALLS! yay for you!!! :-)

Conservative Futurist said...

I love them. If I were closer, I would raid them...even though I have my own.

marjen said...

Well, not every girl can say she has balls like her mother!! Yours look FABULOUS!!!!
Mom

Merianne said...

I think you did a great job on your balls! I remember the first time I made them for Dan I swore I'd never make them again because they were such a pain in the butt (I still say that every year). I'm proud of you for giving them a shot, I'm sure Ralph loves them!

Whitney said...

are you kidding me, those looked fantastic! i am with ralph, you have some great lookin balls! haha.
i think we had this convo in the car on one of our many trips, but i don't cook much either. i have a couple of specialties but i can appreciate this post because my mom is always on call when i cook too!