Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Great Christmas Tree Hunt




Ralph and I have made it a new tradition to drive up to the mountains each Christmas to a Christmas Tree farm, and chop down our own tree! It is such a difference experience than going to Target and picking one out (although I loved doing that too with my mom when I lived in San Diego!) Anyway, this year it was super cold on the day we drove up so we were bundled up good! After being Mr. and Mrs. Picky and totally indecisive, we finally settled upon one. Here is the nice man with the chain saw (uhh...weird combination of words) chopping our tree down for us. And then of course the finished result in our living room. We are now officially Christmas-ready. HO HO HO!






3 comments:

candace said...

yay!! it looks great! I'm jealous--we bought a 3 foot plasitc tree until we have more than 500 square feet we can call ours! P.s. you know I got let go, right? let's still be friends.

Merianne said...

Your tree looks great! Dan and I weren't in the mood to search for trees this year, so we drove down to a rip-off farmer's market down the street and paid $80 for a stupid tree. Such a scam...guess that's what we get for being Scrooges.

Wish we could see you guys during the holidays!

Whitney said...

oh i love your tree! and your living room. basically what i'm tryin to say is i like your style..