Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Mom and Me go to D.C.

I was so lucky to be able to have my mom come out and visit Ralph and I here at our home in Roanoke. She came all the way from San Diego! Anyway, we had so much fun together and it was so nice to have someone to talk to every day (no offense, Sadie). We shopped, cooked, joked and just did all kinds of mom and daughter stuff.

Anyway, on one of the days that she was here, we drove out to visit my brother Dan and his wife Merianne at their house in Washington, D.C. Since my brother works in government (top secret job!) he was able to get us "backstage passes" to the Capital building and our own private tour. Since 9/11, the public can take guided tours through but we got our own little tour courtesy of Dan.

Here are some pictures of our day at the Capital:


This next one was taken right in the center of the Capital, and Dan the tour guide pointed out that this spot also marks the very center of Washington D.C.



Dan, Mom and me inside the dome:



What that beautiful dome looks like from the inside:




4 comments:

The Jessups said...

How fun! Moms are the best! DC is such a great city.

Merianne said...

We had a great time with you guys - just wish you could have stayed longer! Thanks for making the long journey up to see us.

Conservative Futurist said...

Don't mess with Pakistani restaurateurs.

Allison and Noah Riley said...

You looks so much like your mom!

I love DC, I'm jealous you were able to go!