Friday, March 6, 2009

I've Been Baby Showered

So as everyone knows, Ralph and I don't have any family here in Roanoke. Actually, we have very few friends either, except the ones we've made through work. But one of those friends (Rhonda) was so excited when I told her that we were pregnant way back in September that she told me she was throwing me a shower. And she did! We invited all the ladies from Ralph's work at the TV station plus a few others. I had an absolute blast. The thought of having everyone pamper me that day as well as celebrate this baby that Ralph and I have been waiting so long for was surreal. Here are a few shots from my awesome baby shower! Thank you Rhonda!

Eating cake and yummy finger foods in the kitchen:


The diaper "cake":


Chatty Cathy:


The generous gift pile:


The group (in the 2nd pic you can see our 3D ultrasound DVD we had playing in the background):




The diaper "teddy bear" gift"


Me having my tummy measured (it was one of the guessing games):


Happy mama opening presents (that's Rhonda to my right!)

3 comments:

Merianne said...

You definitely got showered with gifts! It looks like you got spoiled - but you and baby Cameron deserve it! Wish I could have been there.

Whitney said...

becky, i know i saw this a lot but you look so beautiful and happy! that was so sweet of them to throw you a rockin party! they sure got creative, looks like it was tons of fun. you totally deserve it!

Aaron and Sarah said...

Wish we could have been there! You look great!!!